Careers Service Opening Hours
|During Full Term||Monday to Friday, 9.15 to 5.15|
|Outside Full Term||Monday to Friday, 9.15 to 1.00 and 2.15 to 5.00
|University of Cambridge Careers Service
|Location Map (satellite)
Cambridge City map
Students and Alumni needing careers information or appointments please telephone 01223 338283/286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not book appointments with careers advisers by email - we need to talk to you to give you the best service so please phone us. Textphone users can access us using the prefix 18001 at no extra expense. The RNID Typetalk service is available for booking appointments.
For all other enquiries (including employers and recruiters) please telephone 01223 338288 or fax 01223 338281
Who can use the Careers Service?
The Careers Service provides careers advice and information to all current University of Cambridge undergraduate and postgraduate students. We also see postdocs, contract research staff and Cambridge alumni. You can ask for a discussion at any stage from your first year, but final year students will be given preference in Michaelmas term. If you are a member of the university then please register to access the range of services we offer to members of the University. A limited range of services is available to graduates of other universities under the Mutual Aid Scheme.
Students with disability
We have a lot of useful information for students with disabilities on our website.
We are keen that the information in our library is as accessible as possible and are always pleased to discuss any requirements you may have. You can contact us at email@example.com before you visit, or if you prefer you can call in and speak to the Information Staff.
We have taken several measures to ensure careers information at Stuart House is as accessible as possible to all.
- our Aims and Objectives
- our Privacy Statement in connection with the information we collect on this website
- our statement about accessibility of this website and also our Information Services Accessibility Policy
- Annual Report 2011/12 in pdf format (published June 2012)
- Centenary History of Cambridge University Careers Service
What do you think?
If you would like to comment on our services or website, please use the feedback form.
Mission StatementThe Careers Service is …
- For all current Cambridge University undergraduate and postgraduate students from any year, any subject, any college, any nationality - and for all Cambridge alumni. A specialised service exists for all postdoctoral researchers.
- Able to help with advice and information whatever your starting point, whether you haven't a clue what to do or have very specific questions. Our staff are experienced professionals, competent to give advice and guidance in a wide range of areas.
- Free of charge, though some small charges are made to cover the costs of materials and consumables used in psychometric testing, and postage costs for those living away from Cambridge. You will be informed about any charges beforehand.
- Free from discrimination, we adhere to the University's Equal Opportunities Policy and Code of Practice.
- Wholly independent of any commercial relationship with employers. Unlike commercial recruitment agencies we do not receive any payment from employers based on the number of Cambridge students they recruit. Our advice and information is impartial and objective.
- Confidential; information about you will not be passed to anyone else outside the Careers Service without your prior agreement. We keep records to provide background continuity in your discussions over time with perhaps several careers advisers. We adhere to the Data Protection Act and Data Protection Principles listed on the University's website.
- Participative and open. We actively seek your views, comments and suggestions on how we might improve our Service. Please use the suggestions book in the foyer of Stuart House, email us your views, use our online feedback form or write to any careers adviser or to the Director of the Service. If you wish to complain about our service on any matter please email or write to the person involved, a careers adviser or the Director of the Service. You will receive our reply within five working days and we shall describe the later stages if a satisfactory resolution is not reached.
Matrix Quality Standard
|In November 2010 the Service was awarded the Matrix Quality Standard for Information Advice and Guidance Services.|