Careers support for alumni
As a graduate of the University of Cambridge you can continue to use our services to help you build your career. Register or login to our website, we have many resources that are relevant to you:
If you recently graduated you might find our next steps for finalists pages useful.
What we can offer first degree and postgraduate alumni
For those looking for a complete career change, we offer alumni a range of one-to-one sessions with our careers advisers. Our expertise does not extend to advising on career progression in the same field beyond graduate entry level positions. Telephone appointments are available if you are not in Cambridge.
However, during Michaelmas Term (October - November) we only able to offer appointments to those who graduated less than two years ago.
Please contact us if you would like clarification on eligibility.
If currently undertaking postgraduate study at another university, please seek the advice of your current university's Careers Service first.
What you can offer us
You will have valuable experience you could share with current undergraduates.
- You can offer us interview or job experience feedback - you can send us this online
- You can become one of our much valued GradLinks - find out about GradLink
- Take part in a panel talk.We frequently hold panel sessions for current students, where alumni discuss their profession and career path. We are always looking for volunteers to share their experiences. If you would like to help, please get in touch with us.
- Internships or Vacation Work placements and graduate job vacancies in your organisation can be made available on the Vacancies & Opportunities section of our website. Find out how your organisation can advertise these with us on the Career Service website.
Not in Cambridge at the moment?
If you're now living away from Cambridge, you might find it useful to make use of a Careers Service nearer to home.
- you can normally do for up to 3 years after the date of your graduation.
- Scottish graduates who return home can use the Careers Services of Scottish Universities and HE establishments for up to a year after graduation.
- Careers services generally have to give priority to their own students and graduates and you may be charged for use of facilities.
Graduate of another university?
Under the Mutual Aid Scheme of the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS), to which we subscribe, many of our services are available to non-Cambridge graduates. Find out more about the eligibility for this as well as what we offer and do not offer non-Cambridge graduates under the Mutual Aid Scheme.