Information for alumni
As a graduate of the University of Cambridge you can continue to use our services to help you build your career. Register or login to our website and see how we can help.
For recent graduates, there is a lot of information and advice on our site which will still be relevant to you, such as:
If you recently graduated you might find our Next steps for Finalists pages useful.
What we can offer first degree and postgraduate alumni
For those looking for a complete career change, we offer alumni a range of one-to-one sessions with our careers advisers. Our expertise does not extend to advising on career progression in the same field beyond graduate entry level positions. Telephone appointments are available if you are not in Cambridge. However, during Michaelmas Term (October - November) we are unable to offer appointments to those who graduated more than two years ago.
If currently undertaking postgraduate study at another university, please seek the advice of your current university's Careers Service first.
What you can offer us
You will have valuable experience you could share with current undergraduates.
- You can offer us interview or job experience Feedback - you can send us this online
- You can become one of our much valued GradLinks - find out about GradLink
- Internships or Vacation Work placements and graduate job vacancies in your organisation can be made available on the Vacancies & Opportunities section of our website. Find out how your organisation can place these and other opportunities on the Career Service website.
Not in Cambridge at the moment?
If you're now living away from Cambridge, you might find it useful to make use of a Careers Service nearer to home.
- you can normally do for up to 3 years after the date of your graduation.
- Scottish graduates who return home can use the Careers Services of Scottish Universities and HE establishments for up to a year after graduation.
- Careers services generally have to give priority to their own students and graduates and you may be charged for use of facilities.
Graduate of another university?
Under the Mutual Aid Scheme of the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS), to which we subscribe, many of our services are available to non-Cambridge graduates. Find out more about the eligibility for this as well as what we offer and do not offer non-Cambridge graduates under the Mutual Aid Scheme.